14 August 2007

Lunch Crunch and Munch

Sometimes the lunch hour goes by too fast (as is the case for today) and sometimes it doesn't go fast enough. Weird how that works...

Good News! I may have found a new person to watch Amelia. Greg and I are going to meet her this Friday, time to be determined, since we both have the day off. She's in Glen Burnie, but the other end. Her price is negotiable, especially since I told her that we have an extra car seat for her car in case she needs to run errands. But, I'm trying to not get too excited mainly because this person is another SAHM, even though she has her state license for Day Care, and we don't know the reliability of her (even though our current sitter hasn't let us down in terms of attendance). Or, as Blue suggested, I could tie Amelia to the cub bard.

During my lunch break, I went to the bank and deposited monies into the joint account and chatted with Mom for a bit. Mom was out and about looking things for the condo, mainly Christmas items. Oy! She's already thinking about Christmas! She was asking about ornaments and all things related (stockings; mantle for the fire place, etc); but Greg and I have an on going 'discussion' about our first Christmas Tree together: Artificial vs. Real; I already have an artificial tree that I bought sometime ago; it's pre-light with multi colored lights and ready to go, PLUS we can store the tree in the storage unit when not in use. Greg, on the other hand, wants to get a real tree that we (or he) will have to haul up to our third floor condo and this dispose of from the third floor; in addition to the hauling, there is the maintenance of the tree while in use. Honestly, I'm all for buying a real tree, but I'm not too keen on using a real tree this year mainly because of Amelia and the fact that she will moving moving about by then and could eat the needles or whatever might fall off the tree. So, that is where I stand on the Christmas Tree.

In other news...

The day is going quick, yet slow at the same time.

Work is going well; I had my monthly quality review yesterday and I am exceeding expectations (which, from my impression, isn't that common around here). The manager is back from his out of country visit and will probably be going through the applications for the Team Leader position (the one that I was hinted to about applying) and, hopefully, the referral applications (I could really use the referral bonus, did I mention it's $5,000? That could pay for a pretty decent (in my eyes) wedding...). Plus, it would be nice to work with someone that I've worked for in the past.

Ugh, there have been so many thoughts in my mind that I've wanted to write about but I just can't seem to find the time! So frustrating. I am hoping that after the move, I will be able to write from home... we'll see.

Alright, I'm done for now...

*signing out at 3:44PM*

No comments: