22 August 2007

So Far So Good...

... The commute that is. I was a little concerned about the commute from Baltimore to Laurel and it's not so bad. Greg and I take completely different routes, but to be fair he's been leaving earlier than me so the traffic might be different.

Last night, Amelia just wasn't herself. She was very quiet and didn't seem all that interested in eating. We played with her for a little bit and then put her to bed. She didn't fuss or anything; it was very unlike her. But, this morning she is fine. I guess she was having a moment.

Ok, so I have a question for those that like to cook: How do you cook your hamburgers (if you're not cooking them on a grill)? Greg and I made hamburgers for dinner last night and he was going to broil them in the oven! I have never heard of that!! If I am unable to cook a hamburger on the grill I cook it in a pan, as I cooked them last night. In any event, the hamburgers were tasty (even for Greg) and we ate them on a bagel. Delicious!

The Condo Guy replied to my email and stated that he was going to shop around for a new washer/dryer since, it seems, the current one is the original and has had service calls in the past. Hooray! We get a new washer/dryer! I hope this one will be bigger than the current. I can't believe how small it is, yet huge! I will try to get pictures of it before it's replaced; even though we still don't know when we're going to have cable or Internet so who knows when the pictures are going to be uploaded.

Albeit Greg and I have only lived together, and on our own, for about four days, things are great! It's so weird to think about all that has occurred in the past five years and where I am now; when thinking in retrospect of who I was living with and where. Here's the break down:

May 2002 - May 2004 - Adam and I moved to Baltimore; first time living on my own and being with Adam every single day (from 1998-2002 we only saw each other on the weekends or on occasion one night during the week). Adam and I were engaged at the time we moved in but he still wanted to wait until we were married before we lived together. I felt differently and my argument won. Adam and I married on 08/08/03 and in May of 04 we moved again.

June 2004 - June 2006 - Adam and I moved to Glen Burnie. In May of 2005 Adam moves out and I continue living at Glen Burnie on my own. I was a little bit scared of living on my own. I didn't know if I would be able to afford the rent and utilities and what not. But, I am proud that I did it and wasn't evicted!! *Greg and I met in Aug of 2005*

July 2006 - July 2007 - Sean and I find a townhouse in Pasadena and move in together along with his best friend, Aaron. It wasn't that bad, living with my brother and we got along very well. Don't get me wrong, we had our moments but when thinking about it now, those moments could have been due to my pregnancy hormones.

August 2007 - Present - Greg and I move to Glen Burnie. Greg and I talked about moving in together the summer of 2006, before Sean and I moved to Pasadena, and it was talked about on a semi regular basis. We were planning on finding a place by this summer actually. The only hiccup was that my lease expired before his and we were trying to figure out how we could work things out - all the while we didn't know I was pregnant.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks it's weird but thinking about the events that have occurred in my life over the past five years has been so... multifaceted; I can't think of a better word but it's just bizarre to me. Like, if I think about what I was doing this time in 2002 I am thinking about working at PRP and starting life with Adam, this time in 2003 - Still at PRP, working part time at Super Fresh and being a newlywed - this time 2004; still at PRP and having issues with Adam - this time in 2005; Met Greg a few days ago (Aug 20 to be exact), was working at PRP and looking for a part time job and having fun - this time in 2006; living with Sean and Aaron, quit PRP and Weis (the part time job I started in Oct 05), was working a new job and hating it but over all happy - and today; working a new job, have a nearly 8 month old baby, new friends, new car, and new relationship.

In any event, it's all what it is and will be.

So, I forgot to mention that Monday, the 20th, marked two years that Greg and I met. yeah, it's a girl thing to remember dates like that; bla bla bla... In all honesty, and I've told this to Greg many times, I thought Greg would never contact me after we met. I was so shy. But, to my surprise and pleasure, he contacted me within two days and thus began our continued friendship that involved into love. If you're wondering how Greg and I met it was online through Y!; He sent me a message on Y! Messenger and I was online and we began chatting and then met in person.

No comments: