22 May 2007

Death

This morning I received an email from my Grandma that my Uncle Pat has died. He was recently diagnosed with cancer and he lost the battle.

We knew Uncle Pat wasn't going to survive and this was another reason my Mom wanted Amelia for a week, to introduce her to Uncle Pat since Uncle Pat is my Mom's Fathers Brother and they were pretty close. Mom didn't get the chance.

This is the 5th funeral in less than two years for me, two of which have been related to cancer.

The funeral is this Friday and I am planning on leaving Thursday afternoon for a couple of reasons: The funeral is all the way in Port Tobacco, way down in Chuck Co. and secondly, I have absolutely no clothes to wear. None whatsoever! So, Mom has offered to take Amelia and I shopping for clothes, besides Mom says she needs new shoes and I told her she needs to upgrade her cellphone. So, with that list of tasks we're thinking of meeting at Charles Co. Mall on Thursday afternoon.

I am sad. I haven't seen Uncle Pat in years but I have wonderful memories of him. Mostly, I remember as a kid, my cousin April and I, playing at his huge farm house. He used to be a tobacco farmer. April and I would play in Tracy's room. Tracy was the daughter of Uncle Pat and Aunt Diane and she died in 1981 due to a car accident with her boyfriend. They are buried together. Her death was the reason Aunt Diane and Uncle Pat seperated though they never divorced and they remained best friends. April and I at the time didn't realize what we were doing

No comments: