27 May 2007

Finally, a break!

Today has been so demanding!

I woke up pretty energized yet I wasn't able to complete a damn thing. There were so many items that I wanted to do today. Oh well, I can only hope for tomorrow.

This morning I went to the grocery store at like 10:30am! I even took Amelia with me. I decided, since I was feeling to energetic, to have a bbq this evening. So, I bought chicken and hamburger as well as items to make pasta salad, along with corn on the cob. Yummy! After the grocery store, I wanted to clean the bathroom, my room, do the laundry, and clean the kitchen. That was what I was in the mood for. Erie, I know.

All I did today was make the hamburger patties and that's it. Amelia took all my time today. She just wouldn't play with her toys. And, she was pretty cranky too. Greg thinks she's going to start teething soon. She slept very little today as well.

Also, Greg and I planned on checking out this place in Odenton,. We first set a time of 4:00-4:30 to meet, then he calls me at 3:15 and pushes it back to 5:00. This upset me because there was so much I wanted to do and him pushing this back an hour just delayed my mental schedule. I was pretty mad. But, I moved on. So, around 4:30 I leave to meet Greg at the complex and he hasn't even left his apartment yet! Oh, that angered me even more. He pushed the time back an hour and he was still going to be late. I was pretty hot when I learned this and I let him know it without sounding like a bitch. The only thing that really annoys me is Greg's tardiness. It picks me like nothing else ever has. I, personally, hate being late for anything. And, yet I am still able to be on time for anything even with a baby, and Greg can't be on time for anything except work and he doesn't have a baby to take care of or get ready in the mornings or any other time of day. So, how am I able to do this and he isn't? I don't get it. Again, even though I know he doesn't mean it, but every time he is late it just makes me feel that he doesn't care about the reason we set the time in the first place. He offered to come over tonight, even though he isn't over on Sundays, to help me with tomorrow since we both have the day off of work and the babysitter is going out of town. So, I accepted his help. But, if you're not going to honor your offer, why even bother? Ugh, I am still feeling pretty angry about this.

Anyway, when I arrived at the complex I was appalled at the condition and called Greg and told him to not bother meeting me here. The place isn't even worth applying. So, the hunt continues.

I ended up behind Greg once I got close to home. When we arrived, I cleaned the grill and started the fire. I prefer charcole grilling than gas grilling. Yes, a gas grill reaches the temperature faster but it doesn't have the wonderful taste that charcole grilling gives teh food. So, the wait is worth it for me.

I started with the chicken breasts, but the fire wasn't hot enough and it looked like it was about to rain, so I put them in the oven to finish cooking. But, I had to have the hamburgers cooked on the grill no matter what. Which, I have finally completed! While the hamburgers and chicken were cooking, I made pasta salad, and messed it up. Don't ask how. But, I was able to fix it and Greg loves it. After the salad, I shucked the corn and can you believe Greg has never shucked corn in his life? I don't understand how that is possible! I rather enjoy shucking corn. So, I got the corn cooking in the pot and decide to cook bacon for the hamburgers and chicken. I cooked an entire package of bacon. I think I am craving bacon as well. LOL

So, I believe everything is finally done and just in time because I am starving! I haven't eatin much today because Amelia wouldn't let me put her down, even while she was asleep for 10 minutes at a time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy spending time with her and I love playing with her and talking to her, but I need time alone to get things done it it picks at me inside. Almost like OCD, but not so severe and once in a blue moon. Weird, I know.

Anyway, time to eat. I hope to finish tomorrow.

No comments: