20 August 2007

Catching Up is Hard to Do...

Ok, here's the breakdown of how the move went:

Friday Morning: I check the bank balance and well, you know. So, after the shower, Greg and I are sitting in bed with Amelia talking about the action plan for the day. The first action is to call Amelia's doctor of which he asks if we can bring her in at 4pm (and I say yes, of course). Then, my plan of action is to stop by my job and pick up my check, drop Amelia off at the sitters and then return. While I was driving all over HoCo, Greg and Ken were loading up the u-haul with the bed and sofa and other items. I believe it was about 10:45am when I returned from all the errands and Greg and Ken had completed their tasks and I was cleaning out the pantry of our items and items on my nightstand. While I was cleaning off my nightstand, Greg comes and tells me he's ready to go since it was past 11am and he wanted to start unloading the truck by 11:30 at the latest. So we leave. I stop off at 7-11 to get waters and Gatorade and ice for everyone and then to the bank to deposit my pay check into the joint account. When I arrived at the condo, Greg and Ken had already unloaded the bed (king size mattress and box springs as well as bed frame)! So, thus began the extremely intense move! Oh.My.Gawd. was it hot on Friday. I was sweating so much and it takes a lot to get me to sweat. Greg and Ken were soaked (thank goodness I'm not male and don't sweat like that). The three of us unloaded the truck until about 1pm, which is when Sean and Aaron showed up. Then there were five of us to finish unloading and we were all done around 2. Not too bad. So, once we were done with the unloading, we head back to Laurel to return the truck, then to Greg's place to drop off he and Ken to which they load up Greg's car of more items, and then I drive over to Elkridge to get Amelia and take her to the doctors. Yes, I made it by 4pm and surprisingly, there was no wait for being a spontaneous patient. Amelia was checked and she has an ear infection in her left ear. Booo. So, after the appointment, I went ot Giant to fill her prescription for Amoxicillian (icky pink stuff that she seems to love) and call my Mom to see if Sean and I ever had ear infections when we were younger. Turns out we never did. Greg, on the other hand, along with his brothers, had chronic ear infections and ended up with tubes in their ears! Oy! Are ear infections a trait that can be passed down? Poor Amelia, her nose is so stuffy that she can't breath through it and when she gets sleepy, she can't fall asleep. Greg and I have been giving her baby Tylenol to help and then yesterday I began using the 'bulbous' (nose aspirator) to get the 'stuff' out. She hates it with a passion and screams and cries every time I do this but I know it works because I can see the results and then she's able to breath a little better when we're done (since she usually passes out on my shoulder). I am concerned that she's getting a sinus infection because the 'stuff' was once clear and now it's turning greenish. I am going to wait a day or so to see if the Amoxicillian works on the nose as well before I call her doctor again (which just reminded me that I need to make an appointment for her follow-up; office is closed due to lunch, mental note: must call back at 2). But, aside from that, all is well. Friday night was uneventful. Did about 3 loads of laundry and learned that the dryer isn't the most efficient piece of machine, going to have to write a note to The Condo Guy. Then Greg and I became so freaking hungry since we hadn't eat all day and decided to order a pizza from some location in Brooklyn. Damn good pizza! We were very pleased. Then, it was off to bed. It was weird going to bed in a different place. Amelia didn't sleep to well and she and I were up at 4:30am. I didn't fall back asleep until AFTER the sun started coming up. Yes, I saw the sunrise from my bedroom window. Very pretty, but I would rather have slept. Greg and I were both up, along with Amelia by 8am.

On Saturday, Mom made it up to check out the new place as well as bring Amelia's crib and dresser up and other items (many other items; a truck load of other items). Mom loves the place. She loves the colors, the lay out, and most importantly: Amelia's bedroom. Once we were done checking the place out and whatnot, we head over to Target to do some shopping (courtesy of Mom). Surprisingly, we didn't get that much stuff. Sean met us at the Target and picked up a few items as well. We were in that store for over two hours! My feet were so tired when we left and we still had to haul everything up to the third floor and Greg bought a shelving unit and tv stand! That stuff isn't light, don'tcha know? But, we did it. When we got home we unloaded and unpacked the items. Mom went to work on Amelia's room; hanging the curtain up, worked on the crib and other items. Greg began putting the tv stand together and learned that he needs a screw driver that we don't have and I was putting the Target items away (bathroom accessories; kitchen accessories, etc). Once we were all done with that, we pondered dinner. We were all so very hungry. Very hungry. We ended up eating at the Golden Corral across the street. Greg treated us to dinner and the food wasn't too bad. Greg loved the desserts and I enjoyed the pot roast and fresh fruit (yummy watermelon and strawberries). When we were done, Mom headed home because she wasn't feel well and Greg and I headed over to Wal-Mart and Mars (Wal-mart to get a screwdriver and wash rag for Amelia). Yeah, I know I stated that I hate Mars, but the choice of grocery stores is pretty much nil in this area and since the two are within the same building I only went for the convenience. While at Mars, I used the last of my WIC checks and bought food (lunch and dinner) for the remainder of the week. I was expecting our total to be $60 or $70 but it came to $45. Whew! After grocery shopping, we stopped by my brothers and gave him 2 gallons of milk because I had 2 gallons for myself and there is no way Greg and I can drink/use 4 gallons of milk in 3 weeks (why so much milk? because WIC supplies lots of milk, more than I normally consume). We finally make it home around 7 or 8 and Greg finishes putting the tv stand together and then we just crash. All of us.

Sunday: We're all up by 8am, again. I tend to Amelia while Greg begins the bookcase. By 10 am, he's done and Amelia is very cranky and wants to take a nap but she can't fall asleep because of her stuffy nose. Greg and I try to calm her down and then we end up using the bulbous and she finally falls asleep a little after 11. Greg and I relax and lay in bed and chat. Then, around 1-ish, we head over to his Mom's to get a few more items and visit since she wanted to see Amelia even though Amelia isn't feeling well (by golly, I think Greg's Mom likes being a Grandma!). Greg and I ended up staying for about an hour and head back home with a car load of items. All to unload, again, up three flights of stairs. Have I mentioned we're on the top floor? The day was challenging due to Amelia. She was very irritable. At one point, Greg went to Target to look into buying baby sinus medicine but all they carried was medicine for cough and cold, nothing just for sinus. So, we didn't get anything for her. We ended up using the bulbous again and she finally fell asleep for a little while. While she was napping, there was an accident on Ordnance Rd. that Greg and I heard and could see the cop lights. It was freaky to hear it. We were standing on the balcony trying to see what happened but there were too many trees. In any event, the rest of the day was low key. We watched Lilo and Stitch and then some *special* movies (wink wink) and then Jay Leno's Headlines collection that Greg had from 2000! I played a little Yoshi on the DS and took my shower around 10pm. I was asleep as soon as I layed in bed after the shower. I don't remember falling asleep or anything. It was a very deep and restful sleep. I didn't wake up for anything until the alarm went off at 6:45am.

Just some tidbits:

I finally have my Nissan back!!! On Friday, while I was at the doctors office for Amelia, the insurance company called and said that my car has been ready for a couple of days and why hadn't I picked it up. I informed that person that called that I have not received any communication from the repair shop and that I did call on 08/10 to check on the status and was informed that there was an issue with the insurance check and that they, the repair shop, was going to call me back when the car was ready (which the never did). Also, I told her that I was unable to speak and asked that she call me back in a half hour and her reply was that she was about to leave and that she would call the repair shop to call me (which they never did). So, this morning when I returned the rental they informed me that the insurance company stopped paying for the car on Friday (08/17). I told them that I was going to call the insurance company about that and for now the rental isn't going to take the money out of my deposit. This morning I called my claims agent and left a message. I will call again at 3:30 and see what happens.

All weekend, and most of last week for that matter, I've been trying to meet with the potential new babysitter. Didn't happen. Today, hopefully, Greg and I are going to meet with her after work. So far, I like her; based on our phone conversations. I also like the fact that her price is negotiable if we provide items such as a car seat and pack n play for Amelia. I am eager to see what the price will be, though. In the mean time, I do have a few other people lined up in case this person doesn't work out. And, if worst comes to worst, Mom is more than willing to watch Amelia while we find someone.

Greg and I are thinking it will be at least a month before we initiate cable/internet service. We want to see what the finances are going to be like. At the moment, Greg hasn't even brought his computer or camera over and is in no hurry, oddly.

All the while at work I've been trying to catch up. I had around five voice mails; countless emails and still the project that now requires overtime. I'm not feeling all that well; my throat is sore and has been since yesterday. I'm still very tired and wish for a whole day without a sick baby to recover. There is still unpacking to do and laundry and now dishes (afraid to run the dishwasher). At least I was able to get Amelia an appointment for Sept 1 and not have to miss any work. All this while having to do actual work!!! I was feeling very stressed up until 2pm. Now, I am not feeling as stressed and am able to complete today's entry.

Ok. I'm heading out at 2:42pm

No comments: