13 August 2007

When it Rains It Pours

This week is going to be so stressful!

I dropped Amelia off this morning and was informed that the babysitter as accepted a job and is giving me 2 weeks notice! That means Greg and I have to find a new sitter by August 27! So, the search has begun on CraigsList; so far I've contacted a few businesses and SAHM's and either left a message or sent an email. Wish us luck.

Greg's hour at work ended up being nearly 4 hours! So much work came in over the weekend and he wanted to get a head start for today. He's such a work-a-holic.

So, this is the week!!! Greg and I start moving stuff in at the end of the week!! When Greg made it home (11:30pm), we talked for a little bit about how we're going to do the move and do it as cheaply as possible (meaning the rental truck). I think we're going to get the U-haul and load up the apartment first, then the storage unit and then go to the condo vs. storage unit first, then condo and then back to the apartment for the rest of the stuff. The next question is when do we do this since Greg has taken Thursday and Friday off and I've only taken Friday, but we are meeting The Condo Guy on Thursday after work to get the keys and to give him the rest of the money... so, do Greg and I start the move on Thursday night or wait until Friday? So much to think about!

*** 1:15pm ***

So much for rest during lunch! I had to run up to Greg's job to get his bank card to withdraw money from his current account and put the money in our joint account, and since I drive by his bank on the way home from the Babysitters, I offered to do the errand.

Also during lunch, I recieved 2 call backs from potential day car providers for Amelia. I haven't called either back, yet, since work has been absolutley nucking futs!

It's so much fun having Amelia back! I really enjoy feeding her the Gerber foods because after each spoonfull she'll go "mmm" and then open her mouth for more (or stick her foot in her mouth)! It's so freaking entertaining! Also, Mom taught Amelia to make this face, where she'll wrinkle her nose and squint her eyes and begin to blow through her nose really fast, which usually results in a snort! Greg and I crack up when Amelia does that; of which she'll do on demand, sorta. I'm going to try to get it on 'tape' for all to see. And last night, while in Target, Amelia was being such a ham! She was smiling at everyone, talking and laughing - it was so much fun! One unique thing she was doing was licking the bottoms of Greg and my cups; I am going to assume that her bottom tooth is coming in and the coldness of the cup soothed her; but I am sure it was a sight to see us walking around with a baby attached to the bottom of a cup.

I am getting so freaking excited about the next five months (that's how long until Amelia's First Birthday)!! I can't wait to hear her 'talk' and start walking; the excitment of Christmas and when April and I get their pictures taken. I am so giddy with all of it!

Oh, last night while I had the place to myself, I was playing with Adobe Photoshop 5.0 and trying to create some collages for Cousin April and our Grandma which is Amelia's and Olivia's Great-Grandma. Working on a few Holiday Ideas...

There is more that I want to write, but it would take me all day at this rate...

Maybe tomorrow.

*** Signing out at 2:17pm ***

1 comment:

Soup said...

You could tie her to a chair and put her in a cupboard. My mum used to do that to me when she couldn't get a babysitter....

:P
x