07 August 2007

Just Another Tuesday

Nothing going on today.

I was busy this morning with HR (which is handled in another state) and filling out their forms on a change of address and direct deposit. It wasn't as easy as you think. Like I've mentioned before, the HR staff isn't the most reliable bunch.

One item mentioned to me about the direct deposit change (even though I am still going to have a portion of my paycheck deposited into my current account) is that it may take up to three pay periods before it's complete; which translates to about six weeks. I don't see how that is possible; it's a simple process of where HR submits verification to the bank that the bank account exists and has the correct name on it, right? Why would this take six weeks to complete? Meh; I just have a feeling that this simple request will not happen in the appropriate time frame quoted to me and that more than likely, the request will be forgotten and that I am going to have to get medieval on their arses. Good grief, it took nearly two months for them to complete my exemptions change (the last paycheck had the correct amount of exemptions taken out for both Fed and State, finally).

****There was something else I wanted to mention, but I can't remember anymore****

Poor Greg has been so busy at work. He didn't get home until 8:30 last night. The only bright side is that he's getting a lot of overtime, but isn't spending much time home (and he misses me). Hopefully, he'll have his annual review today and we'll find out how much his raise is. Last year, he was promoted to Assistant Manager and we're eager to see what the review states. It would be awesome if Greg receives his 'usual' raise amount and then I am promoted at work and receive a raise (I did apply for the position I mentioned earlier; not sure if I mentioned that or not). Oh, did I mention that my job is offering a huge referral bonus (more than a couple thousand dollars; yes, you read that correctly) and my friend that I used to work with at PRP might be considered as a candidate and if she's hired and remains with MX for 6 months, I will be thousands of dollars richer? I will learn in a few weeks if she's going to be hired or not; the manager is out of the country until sometime next week and when he returns is when he's going to conduct interviews.

It's hard to believe that I've been here for almost a year. Sometime last week, I was chatting with a co-worker that was in my training and reminded him of the time we've been here and we both agree that this past year has flown by. It's funny to us because when we started together, neither one of us ever thought we'd be parents within the coming year, when talking in retrospect.

Greg and I are doing quiet well, relationship wise. No major fights or arguments, yet; who knows what's going to happen once we're completely on our own together. But, considering that we've been together for four whole weeks and still no major disputes or arguments, I count that as a good thing! I remember when Adam and I first moved in, within the first 2-3 weeks we had a huge fight and told him that I wanted to break up and everything. I never forgave him for what he did (he didn't hit me or anything), and I never told my family about it (though he told his family what he did). I told Greg about it and he said he would never, ever, do what Adam did, no matter how mad. But, that is all in the past... I am looking forward to the life that Greg and I are going to have together. I believe he's going to 'allow' us to marry on 10-10-09 since he hasn't said anything against that date, except a few times we've talked about getting married sooner (because we are eager to buy a house within the next two years). I've been thinking that it could be possible that Greg and I marry each other this time next year... after all, Greg and I have known each other and have been the best of friends to each other for nearly two years (08/20/05 is 'the date'); if we weren't meant to be, we wouldn't be where we are today...

Speaking of Adam, I called the Circuit Court today because I haven't received anything in the mail about the divorce filing. Well, according to the person I spoke with, they assigned a case number (good, it means everything is in progress) and that they mailed the 'Summons Packet' to me the week of July 18th. Well, I haven't received anything; as a matter of fact, I haven't received any mail since I did my change of address on July 23rd! This worries me, since I am no longer able to check the mail at the townhouse (all keys were returned on July 31). I've tried calling the local post office, but the number is always busy. Figures. It would be nice to be able to get this all done and over with.

Let's see, I started this entry at 1:00 and it's not 3:40. My life is so exciting.

I've noticed that I have new 'regulars' out there; there are 2 in Virginia, someone who uses AOL (didn't even know people still use AOL now a days) and there is this weird one... I love Bravenet because it shows me the link where someone came from, if the visit wasn't a 'direct hit', and lately there's been these visitors with the same IP address, but the referring link is different, though when I click on it, it takes me to the same place. Odd indeed.

Meh. To each their own.

Alright, I am done. I've got other things to vent about somewhere else...

No comments: