17 June 2007

Father's Day 2007

Today was Greg's first Father's Day! Boy, did we do a lot!

First, we arrived at Bill Bateman's for their Father's Day Brunch. The food was amazingly good; well, the stuff I ate at least. Greg's only complaint was that the waffles were a little bland. Anyway, there was an amazing selection to choose from. I loaded up on the bacon for some reason; just something I have been craving lately.

After breakfast, we head over to Babies-R-Us to get Amelia a hat. The bonnet that we bought back in April is either missing or at my Mom's. So, we bought Amelia her first baseball cap. While at the store, I asked Greg if we have a boy next, is he going to buy all sports related outfits and he said "Oh yes!" emphatically. It's kinda weird to think about having another baby, but at the same time it's kinda exciting.

Once we purchased the hat, we head to the ATM for Greg and then we're off to Camden Yards for our first game of the season and Amelia's first game ever. The ride to the stadium was nice. It wasn't crowded at all and I got an amazing parking spot! When we arrived at the stadium, we picked up the tickets at will call and walked to the ticket checker stand thingy and the lady asked us if this was Amelia's first game and we said yes and then she told us that we could get a certificate to remember the day! So, that's the first thing we did once we were in the stadium. Then, we went potty. LOL Once we were all done and settled, we went to our seats and I was upset about the seats because I specifically asked for seats on the end of the row and we were 5 seats from the end, and there were people on both sides of us. Now, mind you, we have packed Amelia's diaper bag, car seat, my purse, the snugglie, and Greg's camera bag. That's a lot! Next time we go to a game, I'm just going to buy another seat to put all the stuff we carry in. Amelia did pretty well at the stadium, for a while, and then she became really fussy and irritable. She was hot and sweaty and tired. She hasn't napped much at all by this point. I tried to hold her and comfort her but she just kept screaming at the top of her lungs! Finally, Greg and I were like, 'ok, we need to get her out of here' and start to pack up. By now, it's only the second inning! And, as soon as I put Amelia in her car seat, she was out cold! So, Greg and I stayed a little longer. After about 15 minutes or so, we decided to move our seats because it was so cramped. We made it through 5 innings and decided to head home. We both got a lot of sun and we wanted to beat the crowd. Next game is going to be a evening game.

Once we made it home, we fed Amelia and placed her in the crib, then Greg and I rubbed aloe lotion on each other for the sun burns, then Greg and I lied next to each other and chatted. Much about nothing really, but it just felt good to be in his arms.

This whole weekend, Greg and I talked about our future together. We talked about goals for us, rather than a goal for him or I. One goal that we talked about is buying our first house and what we need to do to get there. We both agree that we need to improve our credit scores. The last time I checked mine was either just before Amelia was born or when I returned to work. I can't remember. And, when Greg opened up his checking account with Wachovia on Saturday, they game him his current credit score. So, we know where we stand and we've placed a goal of what number we want to achieve before we start looking for a house. We talked about how we are going to achieve this goal and how we're going to do so for each other.

This relationship with Greg is completely different than any relationship I've ever experienced. I know I've mentioned this before, but I just can't seem to get over how much happier I am with Greg. It's really like a dream or wish come true while I am with him. He's so caring, compassionate, dedicated to Amelia, loving and so many other emotions that words can not describe. Greg is always more than willing to help me, even before I ask him to do so. Even though he doesn't live with Aaron, Sean, and me, he helps clean the townhouse (like take the trash out, load and unload the dishwasher, straighten the living room, etc). When ever I am upset about something (and this happens more often than it used to), Greg always wants to talk about what's bothering me and he means it. He wants to make me happy, even if he's the reason I am upset. He tells me over and over how good our relationship is because we are so open with each other; and I agree with him. I believe what makes this relationship different and better than the ones we've experienced in the past is because 1. we're completely open and honest with each other; 2. we have the same goals in life, separate and combined; 3. we have so much in common, in all aspects of life; 4. this is real. we are not settling to appease us or for Amelia. neither one of us is giving up something to be in a relationship to have that status. everything that I feel for greg and that he feels for me is true and not because either of us feel that 'we have to'. We know the feelings are not superficial, as they have been with past relationships (on both sides), and that what we are feeling for each other is deep and not something that fades away; 5. we are not needy of one another, meaning that we both know we like time to ourselves and don't cry when one of us isn't paying attention to another. I know greg likes his gaming time and that's something I'm not going to take away from him, or have him change, just like I like my tv time or reading time. Neither one of us expects the other to give up something that we enjoy to make the other happy.

No comments: